Salt Dough is EXTREMELY cheap & easy to make! & It's fun too!
If you've ever made a homemade pizza, or anything really with dough, you're already experienced enough to make salt dough.
The ingredients are 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 cup of lukewarm water, and 1 cup of salt.
Materials: You'll need A sheet of wax paper (big enough to roll your dough out on), A roller, and whatever materials you would like to use to shape your ornaments. (Cookie cutter, Knife, toothpicks, ect.)
1. In a large bowl mix the salt & flour together, while
2. Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
3. With your hands form a ball with your dough and kneed it for at least 5 minutes. The longer you kneed your dough the smoother it will be to roll.
4. Roll your Dough out, then cut out the ornaments you choose to make!
Make and bake your own creations!
Here are some of mine.
You can paint your creations with acrylic paints and seal with varnish or polyurethane spray.
You can let your salt dough creations air dry, however salt dough can also be dried in the oven.
There are a few options to color your salt dough:
1. Add powdered tempera paint to your flour
2. add food coloring or paint to the water before you mix it with the salt/flour, or
3. add natural coloring like instant coffee, cocoa, or curry powder.
Have a wonderful & blessed day! xoxo -Taylor